Notice of Race –
The Coastal Bend’s First Annual
Salt Water Challenge – RC Laser Regatta
The Coastal Bend Model Yacht Club #334
February 10-11, 2018
Corpus Christi Sea Wall, near Sherrill Park
60 S Shoreline Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
GPS Coordinates for Sailing Venue: 27°47’20.5″N 97°23’33.9″W (27.789036, -97.392735)
MAP & LINK:
LINK: Venue Location
February 10-11th, 2018
SATURDAY, (February 10th):
Check-In: 9:00 AM to 9:40 AM
Skippers Meeting: 9:45 AM
First Race: 10:00 AM
Lunch: 12:00 PM – 01:00 PM
End Racing: 04:30 PM
Group Dinner: 06:30 PM The Exchange (Skipper’s and guest’s dinners are not covered in regatta fees.)
SUNDAY (February 11th):
Skippers Meeting: 9:00 AM
First Race: 9:30 AM
Lunch: 12:00 PM – 01:00 PM
End Racing: 02:30 PM
Results Presentation: 03:30 PM
Races are governed by the current International Sailing Federation (ISAF) Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) as modified by Appendix E, the rules of the RC LASER CLASS and the verbal “Sailing Instructions” to be discussed at the Skipper’s Meeting.
The Regatta will be scored in accordance with the Low Point Scoring system as set forth in Appendix A of the Racing Rules of Sailing. For each 6 races scored, one worst score will be excluded from the overall score.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers in the regatta.
The following hotels are all in sight of the Marina and 1/2 mile of the regatta venue:
Best Western Corpus Christi (Host Hotel)
300 N Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX, 78401
Phone: (361) 883-5111
- Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
900 North Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX, 78401
Phone: (361) 887-1600
- Emerald Beach Hotel
1102 South Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX, 78401
Phone: (361) 883-5731
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
707 North Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX, 78401
Phone: (361) 882-1700
- Super 8 Corpus Christi/Bayfront Area
411 N Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX, 78401
Phone: (361) 884-4815
- Lauren is working on a light lunch for the regatta and we have no doubt it will be delicious and satisfying! Drink options will include: Soda, Water, and Gatorade. The Skipper’s lunch is included in the Entry Fee. Add $10 for each additional lunch for each of the two days.
- Group Dinner at 6:30 PM – Harrison’s Landing at 108 Peoples St T-Head, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (Skipper’s and guest dinner are not covered in regatta fees.) Click this Link for a map to Harrison’s.
- Must have Class Legal RC Laser with number on sails. (First registered has priority in case of duplicates)
- AMYA membership is required for this RED chevron event.
- Registration will be available until race day. Please show your intention to attend the regatta by emailing the form below to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Salt Water Challenge – RC Laser Regatta” in the title so that it does not get lost in the email que.
- Registration Fee: $50, Can wait till day of regatta.
The First Annual, Salt Water Challenge – RC Laser Regatta
Sailor’s Name: _________________________________ AMYA #_______________
Address: _________________________________ Email _____________________
City: ________________________ State: ___________ Zip Code: ______________
Sail Number: ________________
Home Sailing Club: ________________________________
Frequency: _______ Channel # 1 _______# 2 ________ #3______ or 2.4 GHz____
Bring at least three channels if you are not using 2.4 Ghz to avoid conflicts.
Please write a number (quantity) for which of the following skipper lunch choices and/or additional lunches are desired for each day. 1 Skipper’s lunch is included in the Entry Fee for each day. Each additional lunch will cost $10.
Here is a link showing photos of each of the lunch choices listed below: http://coastalbendmyc.com/lunch/
LUNCH CHOICE SATURDAY SUNDAY
STREET TACOS: _____________ __________
OG PHILLY MAC: _____________ __________
CUBANO KUSH: _____________ __________
THE HOMEGROWN: _____________ __________
GREENS: _____________ __________
CHICKEN PINEAPPLE EXPRESS: _____________ __________
All skippers must sign a waiver form similar to the one below at check-in when they pay their fees.
In consideration of accepting this entry, I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators waive and release any and all right to claim damages that I or my family may have or acquire against CBMYC (Coastal Bend Model Yacht Club AMYA #334) or their membership, the members of the regatta committee, the owners of the sailing site, the City of Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation or The City of Corpus Christi Harbor Master’s Office, their employees, agents, representatives or assigns, or the American Model Yachting Association, or its members for any and all injuries suffered by me or my family during the regatta and related events. I have read the Notice of Race for the “The First Annual, Salt Water Challenge – RC Laser Regatta” and accept its conditions and rules.
- Climbing and descending the steps of The Corpus Christi Sea Wall requires a bit of effort so we recommend hitting the stair stepper a few minutes per night in preparation. For those who might have a difficult time negotiating the large steps we will happily carry and launch your boat.
- Our venue cannot support tents so please remember sun screen and dress appropriately. Your souvenir should be a trophy not a sunburn.
- We want to thank Laura Jasso, Special Events Program Manager for the City of Corpus Christi and Peter Davidson, Marina Superintendent for the City of Corpus Christi for their outstanding support and encouragement of this regatta and general RC sailing in Corpus Christi.